Welcome to Kindergarten Enrichment
Kim Bartlett Melissa Hickey
Dear Kindergarten Families,
Welcome to Kindergarten Enrichment! My name is Kim Bartlett. I am the KE Specialist at Eisenhower Elementary. To tell you a bit about myself, I received my B.A. from The University of Alabama and completed my M.A. in Elementary Education at Regis University. Previously, I taught Kindergarten Enrichment at Birch Elementary.
Kindergarten Enrichments offers a specially designed, creative program that provides an excellent complement to the Kindergarten portion of the school day. We strive to create a fun, dynamic community of learners who explore new ideas and interests together. We facilitate learning using children’s natural curiosity, imagination, and thinking skills. Our goal is for children to develop essential skills that build the foundation for lifelong learning.
Our program emphasizes:
• a love of learning
• development of a solid foundation for success in learning throughout life
• creating a community that values positive regard for self and other
• building social skills and healthy friendships
• experiencing the joy of shared accomplishments through learning to work cooperatively with others
• appreciating the diversity of opinions and ideas
• exploring a wide variety of materials in the creative arts, including visual arts, dramatics, movement, music and writing
• opportunities for imaginative play, storytelling and many literacy-based activities
• experiencing the pleasure and appreciation of children’s literature
Kindergarten Enrichment provides daily opportunities for exploration, creativity, and self expression. We encourage children to ask questions, make choices, design, plan, think critically, consider alternatives, and solve problems. Most importantly, we encourage them to develop healthy, respectful attitudes towards themselves and others. Through the medium of play, children use their newly gained skills and resources to co-construct an understanding of the world around them.
The BVSD Kindergarten Enrichment Program complements Kindergarten and is a great way to transition to first grade. In addition to participating in an extended-day enrichment class, children experience the larger school community by eating lunch together in the cafeteria and enjoying recess-all in a familiar, consistent environment.
Please feel free to contact me at 720-561-6719 or email me at email@example.com. I would be happy to provide more information, answer your questions and set up a tour of our classroom.
Kim Bartlett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Melisa Hickey (email@example.com)