Eligibility standards are consistent for all schools belonging to the Colorado High School Activities Association. Student athletes should be familiar with the following General Eligibility Standards and protect their school eligibility.
Every student athlete at Fairview High School will have his/her academic performance monitored on a weekly basis during his/her sports seasons. Grades "D" or "F" will be turned into the Office of the Director of Athletics and Activities by the school's faculty. If a student athlete has two failing grades, she/he will be declared ineligible to represent Fairview in any interscholastic competition or scrimmages for the following school week. Make-up work will not be accepted for eligibility purposes. Exception: medical or emergency absences that are approved in writing by the teacher.
It is possible to attend summer school in order to become eligible at the start of the year. Students should contact the Director of Athletics at the beginning of the summer if they plan to attend summer school to regain eligibility.
- Please print a copy of the Athletic Registration Packet. Hover over the "Athletic Program" tab; it will drop down to a menu and select "Sports". Scroll half way down the Sports page to find the 2010 - 2011 Athletic Registration Packet. Turn this into the Athletic Secretary, Kristina Muehl before the first official practice date of your sport's season.
To be eligible to represent Fairview in an interscholastic competition, a student athlete must:
- Not be failing more than 5 credits or not have lost more than 5 credits due to variable credit during a semester and during the previous semester.
- Be enrolled in and attending a minimum of five classes (25 credits) during the semester in which competing and must have taken at least five classes during previous semester. If a student athlete drops his/her course load to less than five classes, he/she immediately becomes ineligible.
- Have a physical examination from a medical doctor within the last calendar year which goes through the sports season.
- Have a signed parent permission, signed insurance waiver, signed district athletic code agreement, current emergency card, and state competition forms on file in the Athletic Office.
- Have paid the registration fee to the Athletic Office ($185; family max: $405 per year.)
- Not have turned 19 years of age before August 1 of the current school year.
- Not have dropped out of school.
- Not played more than four seasons in any sport during high school.
- Not competed in any non-school team in his/her sport during his/her Fairview sport.
- Not practiced with a non-school team in his/her sport while she/he is a member of a Fairview team unless she/he has received prior written consent from the Fairview principal.
- Note: A student athlete becomes subject to the outside competition rules when she/he reports for practice and is in contention for a berth on a team.