(Detailed information on the Open Enrollment Process is available on the the BVSD Open Enrollment page.)
Choosing a school is an important decision for your child and your family. To assist you with your choice, the following are some highlights of the Montessori approach to learning:
• It’s an individualized approach, which moves children ahead in areas of strength, and also gives children more time when developmentally needed.
• It builds a nurturing community through multi-age groupings which fosters respect for self, respect for others and individual differences, and respect for environment.
• The freedom within a structure encourages self-initiative, goal setting, independence, self-discipline and responsibility.
• It’s a hands-on approach, which helps introduce children to concepts at an early age and sequentially moves them from the concrete to the abstract.
• It’s a fully integrated and comprehensive curriculum, which stimulates learning through guided discovery.
•It encourages children to follow their intense curiosity and interests to problem-solve, to think and to continue to love learning.
• It focuses on life-life-long tools to learning in a non-competitive environment with extended, uninterrupted work opportunities.
Community Montessori is a public focus school in the Boulder Valley School District. Focus schools use an alternative method or “focus” to teach the Boulder Valley curriculum. Although many focus programs are part of a neighborhood school, Community Montessori draws students from the entire Boulder Valley School District and does not have neighborhood boundaries. All students attending Community Montessori School enroll through the BVSD Open Enrollment system.
Open Enrollment Steps (2015-2016)
Open Enrollment is a two-step process. You must get an Application and Submit Forms.
- Forms Can Be Downloaded (and Submitted) Via Web:
Go to the BVSD Open Enrollment page and follow the directions to download an application form. The forms can be electronically submitted. Note that each school and the Boulder Valley School Open Enrollment offices each have a designated computer you may use for this process, if necessary.
Applications may be downloaded from the BVSD web page www.bvsd.org and submitted on line. They also may be mailed or brought to the Education Center at 6500 Arapahoe Avenue so as to be received by the deadline. There are no exceptions for late applications. Do not return the completed forms to the Community Montessori office! Please see the BVSD Open Enrollment website for further information.
Note: Under most circumstances, completed applications require both parent's signatures.
*** All applications must be submitted to the Open Enrollment Office the deadline. ***
More information is available on the the BVSD Open Enrollment page.
Reports on Community Montessori (CM)
Please visit the Community Montessori page of the Boulder Valley School District website where you can find information such as the School Assessment, Climate and Demographics on the left-side navigation bar.
All Schools - Boulder Valley School District(BVSD) Reports
The BVSD website contains sections on each school in the district, including School Assessment, Climate, and Demographics. On the BVSD Elementary Schools Directory, click on each individual school and you will find additional information in the left-side navigation bar.
All Schools - Colorado Department of Education School Accountability Reports
The Colorado Dept. of Education website provides school performance and educational resources. CDE Growth and Achievement and School Performance Data.
2015-16 Community Montessori Tour Dates:
Wednesday, December 2, 2015 - 9-10am
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 9-10am
Wednesday, January 6, 2016
2015 Evening Open House:
Thursday, January 7, 2016 - 5-6pm