2012-2013 Lunch Times
||10:45 - 11:15|
Lunch Account Management
Crest View uses PayForIt.net for online student lunch account management. Students may also bring cash or checks to school to pay for their lunches.
PayForIt.net was developed by QSP, LLC and is your portal to convenient, secure meal account management of your child's lunch account. We make it easy to apply funds to your child's account and check your account balance. No more worrying about having cash for lunch, no more lost or stolen lunch money. Convenient, easy and secure...prepaying with PayForIt.net makes your life easier.
School FOOD Project
Starting in the 2009-2010 school year, Crest View and the Boulder Valley School District began participating in the "School FOOD Project." Under the direction of Chef Ann Cooper, "we will be working individually with every school in the district to help create the best possible environment for feeding our children." Some immediate changes to the food program include:
For more information on the program and its chef, visit the project information on the district site.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables will be served every day and will be regionally sourced when possible
- Bulk hormone and antibiotic-free milk will be served in all schools
- Full salad bars will be available in every school including grains, vegetable and animal based proteins, fresh fruits and vegetables
- Locally produced whole grain bread and bakery products will be used when feasible
- Highly processed ingredients like high fructose corn syrup and added trans-fats will be eliminated
- Professional development and sanitation training will be provided for all Nutrition Services staff
- A fully revised procurement system will be implemented with a priority for local vendors
- Highly processed foods will be eliminated as much as possible (for example: roast chicken will replace chicken nuggets)
- Breakfast will be offered in every school