Three Ways to Give Free Money to Flatirons!
#1. Have cashier check amount on the rebate card- if sufficient funds skip to #4
#2. If needed, ask cashier to add whatever amount you want (up to $500)
#3. Pay for added funds (can use credit card/cash/check)
#4. Have cashier ring up your cart
#5. Pay with rebate card
Still confused? See the video of kindergartners showing you what to do:
Reloadable Gift Card Trailer Instructions for Reloading your
Safeway/King Soopers Gift Cards
Thank You! You just contributed 5% to Flatirons
#3. Print out order form, fill in with your name, info and which cards you want
#4. Pay with a check delivered to the office or via Pay Pal button at site listed in #1
#5. Turn in order form/pick up your cards at the office by dates listed below
Oct 3, Nov 7, Dec 5, Jan 9, Feb 6, Mar 6, Apr 3, and May 1
Pick up cards at the office on or after:
Oct 10, Nov 14, Dec 12, Jan 16, Feb 12, Mar 13, Apr 10 and May 8
Still confused? Call or email Mara Kuczun at 720-219-8546/ email@example.com
Thank you! You just contributed 3-16% to Flatirons J
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, AmazonSmile http://smile.amazon.com is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you'll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization - Flatirons Elementary PTO!
The following businesses will donate a portion of your sale amount directly to Flatirons.
The amount varies by business and cost you nothing.
- TARGET: When parents, teachers and other school supporters use the REDcard Target donates up to 1% of their purchases to the school. To find out how to get a REDcard and designate Flatirons as your school choice visit www.Target.com/tcoe.
- GRANDRABBIT'S TOY SHOPPE (BUNNY BUCKS): You can donate 10% of your purchase at Grandrabbits Toy Shoppe to our school. It's Easy! At Checkout at either the Boulder or Superior Shoppe or online at www.grtoys.com ask for Bunny Bucks to be added to our savings account. Our teachers can use this account for books, supplies, learning materials, games and toys for your child's classrooms. Our teachers and kids love it. Let's make it a big success!
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION: Clip box tops from participating General Mills products and send them to school. Flatirons Elementary receives $0.10 for each box top to help support our school. Also, you can shop online and receive box tops for our school. Click the links below for more information on Box Tops for Education. For more information visit the Box Tops for Education Page.
- SAFEWAY AND KING SOOPERS RELOADABLE CARD PROGRAM: 5% goes to Flatirons PTO every time you shop using your reloadable gift card. Purchase your $10 Reloadable Gift Cards from the Flatirons Office anytime! For more information watch the videos below:
What is the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)?
The Flatirons PTO is dedicated to supporting our school community and the education of our students in a number of ways. While a key role of the PTO is to raise funds to support this effort, there are many opportunities for parents to be involved, besides the fundraising effort itself.
Much of our fundraising effort is sent directly to the classroom and for school-day extracurricular activities: for example, we fund teacher classroom support, exciting and inspiring school assemblies, and field trips as well as support other requests made by the staff to help them provide an ultimate learning experience for our children.
In addition we coordinate many volunteer activities and events, provide a forum for communication between parents and staff, and serve as a parent-based liaison between our school and the District.
The Flatirons PTO meets monthly during the school year to review events and activities, make budget decisions and share in the success of our fabulous elementary school.
PTO usually meets once a month at 5:30 p.m. in the library. Childcare and food is provided for the children. This is free of charge.
Our meetings are open to all parents of the school for one, a few or all of our meetings. In addition to our parents, our meetings are also attended by many staff members and our principal, Scott Boesel.
We think that you will find the meetings to be informative, fun, and a good way to find out how you might like to support our Flatirons community.
A Special welcome to Kindergartens parents and those new to our school--Many of you think that PTO is already established and not something you can contribute to. In fact, you are our future….the earlier you get involved the earlier you can help shape your children’s education and your community at our wonderful school…please come and get involved!
How can you get involved?
There are countless ways to be involved with PTO. We have many volunteer options open for the next year, and unfilled positions on committees. We welcome you to come to our next meeting, browse our volunteer page or contact one of the people below.
PTO Members and Officers, FY11/12
All Flatirons parents and staff are automatically members of PTO. However, as we are a registered non-profit, interested Flatirons parents are elected as officers every year, usually at the final PTO meeting of each school year.
The PTO Officers for FY 11/12 School Year are as follows.
Please contact any one of them for any further questions you may have or to register your interest to be involved.
Other Committees, FY11/12
Our Fundraising Philosophy: The Flatirons Annual Giving Campaign
The Flatirons Annual Giving Campaign is the name for our school’s unique fundraising effort. Each family is asked for an annual tax-deductible donation. 100% of this money is used to support our children's education. The majority (75%) pays to have para-professionals in our classrooms which greatly increases our teacher to child ratio. The remainder pays for: classroom supplies and equipment, curriculum enrichment (assemblies, field trips...), staff training, and community events (Garden-to-Table, Fall Fesitival...).
How Do We Use the Money?
The money raised by the PTO supports many and varied activities at the school, including:
- Instructional Support (providing additional educators in our classrooms),
- Curriculum Enrichment, including Monthly Assemblies with visiting speakers and performers,
- Before and After School Programs, such as Chess Club and Running Club,
- Anti-Bullying, Conflict Resolution, and Child Assault Prevention Programs,
- Field Trips,
- Outdoor Classroom,
- Supplemental Classroom Materials,
- Community Building Activities, including
- School Picnics
- Ice Skating Party
- Staff Support, including staff appreciation week, retirement gifts, etc.,