There are many ways to find money for your education. For a list of scholarship opportunities, please visit your Naviance account and click on the Scholarship tab. Please see the list below of other Financial Aid websites. There are many steps to obtaining financial aid.
Scholarship Search Tips
1. Start early! Finding scholarships takes time and effort.
2. Look at home! Check with your parent's employer (and yours!) for scholarships offered only to family members of employees. These are often not advertised elsewhere.
3. Investigate any clubs or organizations you and/or your parents/grandparents belong to—once again, they may have member specific opportunities.
4. Read the fine print for applicant qualifications—for some scholarships you may NOT need to be a member of the offering organization.
5. Brainstorm about any unique talents or hobbies you may have and do an internet search for information about scholarships in those areas.
6. Be Specific! Specific career goals may also lead to scholarship opportunities.
7. Keep an open mind! Remember that the definition of financial need is variable. Some organizations will include money needed for travel to and from school, a computer and other items in their calculations.
8. Look at the College! Check the financial aid website of the specific college you want to attend.
Scholarship Application Tips
1. Get Organized. Keep a calendar with deadlines and a checklist of things to do for each scholarship (recommendations, sending test scores, essay, etc.)
2. Follow directions exactly—pay attention to the details of the requirements.
3. Meet deadlines. Pay attention to postmark versus received by deadlines.
4. Keep copies of anything you submit—just in case.
additional scholarship websites