Volunteer/Service is an experience where the student will clearly be volunteering his/her time in the community to help or to provide a service in some way, usually in a “not for profit” setting.
Volunteer Internships are experiences in the community where the student receives supervised practical training and or educational information from a mentor or mentors. The student in turn provides some voluntary service connected with his or her placement.
Community Experience Expectations & Evaluation
Student Evaluation Forms will be mailed to mentors a week before the end of each quarter. Students must keep track of their hours. We ask that you and your student meet to review her/his Community Experience and that the student return the completed evaluation and record of hours to NVHS.
Grading is Satisfactory/ Unsatisfactory. Students will be evaluated on some of the following:
· Attention to tasks
· Positive and willing attitude
· Ability to function independently
· Demonstration of initiative
· Problem-solving skills
· Acceptance of suggestions with a positive and open mind
· Establishment of a good rapport with co-workers
· Attempt to increase knowledge about the agency and/or skills involved in this placement
· How well the tasks/expectations set out in the CE Agreement were met