Dear Summit Parents and Volunteers,
BVSD requires all adults who would like to volunteer on a regular basis to complete a background screening. In addition to the onlineTCLogiQ screening, the district is offering a new fingerprinting option to complete background checks through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. The new fingerprinting option (Option 1) should be a one-time screening process and fee, instead of an annual screening and fee of Option 2.
If you decide to do the new option, we recommend submitting your records through the District if you have a child in any other District school. If fingerprints are not submitted and approved before the beginning of the 2012-13 school year, a TCLogiQ background will be required before you will be permitted to volunteer on a regular basis.
BVSD Fingerprint Clearance: Adult volunteers may submit a fingerprint card to BVSD. Fingerprint clearance is ongoing and will likely last for the duration of your volunteer years with BVSD.
· If you have any other children in a District school, submit your fingerprint card, completed Fingerprint Information Sheet (click here) and a check made out to BVSD for $39.50 to the BVSD HR Office (6500 Arapahoe Ave.) Summer hours are June 4 - July 19, M-Th from 7:00 am-5:00 pm; After July 23, M-F from 8:00 am-4:30 pm
· If your only child in the school district is at Summit, you need to submit your fingerprint card, completed Fingerprint Information Sheet (attached) and a check made out to Summit for $39.50 to the Summit front Office between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm Monday-Friday beginning August 6th.
· Keep a copy of the Fingerprint Information sheet for your records.
· Allow up to 12 weeks for processing.
Yearly Background Screening: This online screening is valid for the 2012-13 academic school year only and must be completed each school year.
· Cost is $16.00 ($22.50 for drivers).
· Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.
All volunteers, in addition to completing one of the above options, need to complete this short volunteer agreement and turn in to the office.
Once you have passed the background screening, your name will be on file in the office. Each time you volunteer, you will sign in and out on a personalized page in the office, and we will give you a volunteer badge to wear.
Questions should be directed to Vivian Campbell with BVSD Human Resources at 720.561.5259 or email@example.com, or Shelly Hendrick with Summit Middle School at 720-561-3925 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to a great 2012-13 school year!
Summit Middle School Teachers and Staff